Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Vegan Thanksgiving (and an update on the Dressing)

I had a great time with my family today at our Thanksgiving lunch (and dinner, which was leftovers from lunch). My mother made fruit salad, green beans, beets, cranberry sauce (well, the sauce came from a can), roasted sweet potatoes, and finally found the Vegan Hazelnut Cranberry Roast En Croute by Field Roast at the San Antonio Whole Foods (yay!) For desert, I had a vegan chocolate pudding pie as well as a vegan chocolate brownie with pumpkin topping for which she'd found a recipe online at Isa Chandra Moskowitz's and Terry Hope Romero's blog.

Fruit Salad

Beets

Cranberry Sauce

Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Vegan Green Beans

Vegan Hazelnut Cranberry Roast En Croute by Field Roast

Vegan Hazelnut Cranberry Roast En Croute by Field Roast

My Vegan Thanksgiving Dinner!

Vegan Chocolate Brownie Torte With Pumpkin Topping

Vegan Chocolate Pudding Pie

Vegan Pies!

It was all delicious, and I've got some leftovers for the week - yay!

Also, I checked with my mother about the dressing I mentioned in my last post, and she said that the "4 or 5 eggs" were to just go in with the broth, not to be pre-cooked or anything. So, I'm thinking I'd just need to thicken the broth up a smidge, perhaps with a bit of silken tofu blended with some of the broth, as some have suggested. I'm going to try and start veganizing the dressing soon, so that I can hopefully have it done by Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment