Thursday, October 6, 2011

What To Do With Greens, And An Impending Trip



After having a piano bench fall on my toe yesterday, I'm happy to announce that I'm felling better today. Not 100%, mind you, but I can limp about much more easily than yesterday. I really need to get my grocery shopping done today; I've got some kale and spinach in the fridge that's 'only *mostly* dead' and needs to be used today. I was thinking of putting it in a smoothie, but we've used up all of our fruit. I'm not sure whether I'd rather do a green smoothie or do something more along the lines of the cooked greens dish that Lazy Smurf posted from the "Sunny Days In Texas" cookzine. Well, once I figure it out, I'll make it tomorrow's blog post. *grin*

Since we're leaving early tomorrow morning to head back up to Kansas, I'm going to have a couple of restaurant reviews for my Saturday and Sunday blog posts (I can type them up now and schedule them to post then, since I'll have no internet at the faire). Next week, we'll be staying with Mark's sister and brother-in-law in Overland Park, KS, so expect at least a few restaurant reviews from that area. I'm definitely planning on trying Mud Pie Bakery - an all vegan bakery/coffeeshop that close is something I can't pass up!

2 comments:

  1. I still can't believe that about the piano, and I can certainly identify on the foot pain! Hope you have a good trip to Kansas. I heard it is snowing and freezing rain in some places (probably not Kansas) but be careful anyway! And if you try the nice ass greens let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek! Well, according to the last weather report I saw, there's a 30% chance of rain, but the temps are supposed to be in the upper 70s or 80s. I'm hopping for warm and not wet. *grin*

    I definitely want to make those greens - I'm going to give it a go when I get back to Texas. I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete