Wednesday, October 19, 2011

RECIPE REVIEW - Waffles & Hash Browns from Vegan Brunch

I promised Vegan Brunch waffles for today's post, so that's what I'm going to do. However, today we find out exactly why I ought to post these things right after I make them instead of procrastinating and posting them months later.

Fruit and Vegan Brunch
Waffle with Cashew Cream and Fruit and Baked Hashbrowns from Vegan Brunch

These were either the Peanut Butter Waffles or the Old-Fashioned Chelsea Waffles, topped with (I think) Sweet Cashew Cream and fruit, with Individual Baked Hash Browns on the side. (If I hadn't procrastinated, I'd know. Well, I'll just have to make up for it by making some more waffles from Vegan Brunch in a few days and post about them. I know, the horror. *grin*)

Waffle from Vegan Brunch

The waffles were very good; I remember that much. I was in charge of making them, and Mark was in charge of making the hash browns. He said that they weren't the easiest things to make, and they came out tasting a bit oilier than we would have preferred, so we'll probably reduce the oil a bit next time.

Baked Hashbrowns from Vegan Brunch

My waffle maker is pretty good, but it's over 10 years old, and doesn't have any kind of indicator to let me know when the waffle is done. And before you mention it, no, just waiting for the steam to stop doesn't work either; half the time, that produces burnt waffles. I usually have to go on a combination of guesswork and luck. On the plus side, no matter how well done the waffle is, it almost never sticks to the iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment