Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Very Decadent Snack

Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Apple Sandwiches with CocoaTea

This is a decadent snack! Take an apple, slice it sideways (I used a Pink Lady apple), spread half the slices with peanut butter (I used Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams), and sprinkle with chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Vegan Mini Chocolate Chips work best, but I didn't have those, so I used Sunspire organic & fair trade vegan chocolate chips). Put the plain slices on top of the chocolate slices, and boom - apple sandwiches!

I also made hot cocoa with an Abulita cocoa wedge and some flax milk, and steeped a mix of herbal & white tea and yerba maté in it.

This snack is very simple to make, and very addictive. If you come up with any modifications or alternate toppings, post them in the comments!

1 comment: