Sunday, October 14, 2012

Baba Ganoush

Eggplants 1

While I've been up here in Kansasouri, I've had the opportunity to hang out (and share the stage!) with my friend Sarah. While over at her house a couple of weeks ago, I happened to mention that I love eggplant.

Eggplants 2

"Eggplant? Say, my grandmother has a ton of eggplants in her garden that she's trying to get rid of. Want some?"

Eggplants 3

Free eggplants? Sure, twist my arm. I ended up getting three gorgeous purple eggplants, just about the right size for juggling (which I can't do, though I joked that I was going to try). I spent a week or so trying to figure out what I would make with them. I finally decided that I was in a snacky mood, and that baba ganoush would be just the thing.

Baba Ganoush

I went with this recipe. This was seriously some of the best baba ganoush I've ever eaten. I wonder if Sarah's grandmother has any more unwanted eggplants...?

No comments:

Post a Comment