Monday, October 1, 2012

First Day Of Vegan MoFo!

Good morning!

Yeah, yeah. I know it's 12:35. I worked for 9 hours a day at the Kansas City Renaissance Festival both Saturday and Sunday, so today is my day to sleep in. So there.

Hot Cocoa And Oatmeal
The mug says "hot chocolate".

I have been having some ferocious allergies lately, and I think I mainly blame the giant amount of dust at the faire. In fact, I think next weekend will be much better, because I'm pretty sure I brought home the entirety of the dust at the faire in my nose. *sneeze*

I woke up this morning and decided I needed something hot, as well as something medicinal. I decided to go with hot cocoa (made with a wedge of Abulita chocolate and flax milk) and oatmeal (rolled oats cooked on the stove with flax milk, raisins, Chocolate Covered Katie's Melted Banana Trick, a tiny bit of salt, and a few shakes of powdered ginger, then topped with the last of the hot cocoa that didn't fit in the mug. You can never have too much chocolate.) I steeped a sachet of Yogi Tea's Breathe Deep in the cocoa, and had a couple of Clear Sinus & Ear pills washed down with a glass of water and a packet of EmergenC while I waited for the cocoa. I'm feeling a bit better now, but I'm going to go take a hot shower and neti pot here in a bit to make sure I'll stay that way.

Also, today is the first day of Vegan MoFo (Vegan Month of Food)! I'm not quite as organized as I'd like to be, but I can tell you that I'm going to be continuing "Dinner & a Movie" Fridays, and starting a few new features, like "Feed An Omni", "Travel Tips", and "Veganize This!".

I hope everyone has a wonderful (allergy-free) day!

No comments:

Post a Comment