Saturday, October 13, 2012

Chocolate Beet Cupcakes

Even though I missed the Vegan Iron Chef Beet Challenge, I got in on the action unofficially (and a bit late) by making these yummy chocolate beet cupcakes.

Beet Chocolate Cupcakes

The original recipe called for a bundt pan, but since I didn't have one, I decided to make cupcakes instead. Since the batter ended up being enough for about 13 instead of 12, my cupcakes are shaped more like muffins, but don't let that fool you. These are moist, cakey, and downright delicious. I made a few changes - I used homemade applesauce instead of oil, whole wheat flour instead of AP, I didn't dust the tops with sugar (I don't think they needed it), and instead of boiling the beets, I roasted them (using this method).

Beet Chocolate Cupcake

1 comment: