Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Cookie Cups

Cookie cups!

Last week, my boyfriend Tim and I went to Wheatsville for a grocery run. I saw the tubs of Celeste's Best vegan cookie dough, and mentioned that the one time I'd bought it before, the dough ended up being really thin, and the cookies spread so much that my final result was more or less one giant cookie sheet cookie. Tim mentioned that perhaps they should be made in a cupcake tin instead. That's when the mad inventiveness started.

I had the bright idea to put peanut butter chocolate cups on top of each cookie cup. Tim didn't think that was a very good idea, so I just bought one package to top some for me. I then mentioned that my new Biscoff spread would be good in or on the cookie cups. Tim still hasn't figured out what Biscoff spread is good for, and doesn't like the taste, so again, just on two for me.

I filled each cupcake well about 3/4 full (except the last one, which was only about 1/2 full, but it got one of the peanut butter chocolate cups.) I put the peanut butter cups on two of the cookie cups and topped another two with a light layer of Biscoff Spread.

Finished cookie cups!

I baked them for about 11-12 minutes, and when I took them out of the oven, they'd puffed up like muffins. They were also extremely soft, so I put them in the freezer for 10 minutes.

Cooled Cookie Cups

After freezing, the cookie cups had sunk back down in the middle and formed actual cups. I'm thinking these would be a really good receptacle for the coconut whipped cream I posted about before, or possibly some vegan pudding. I can't wait to experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment