Thursday, October 18, 2012

RESTAURANT REVIEW - The Vegan Nom/Rockin' Vegan Tacos, Austin, TX

The Vegan Nom/Rockin' Vegan Tacos
120 East North Loop-B
Austin, Texas 78751
Tue-Wed: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Thu-Sat: 7:00 am - 9:00 pm
Sun: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm


Having finally got done with my 12 hour drive from Missouri, and having had a decent night's sleep, I talked my boyfriend into checking out The Vegan Nom, since I'd heard so many great things about it.

The Vegan Nom Trailer
The Vegan Nom Menu

From their Facebook page - "First of its kind in Austin TEXAS, we are vegans who serve up Rockin Vegan Tacos featuring tex-mex breakfast tacos ALL DAY and our signature tacos, bomb nachos, handmade vegan chili con queso and our signature sauces: creamy salsa verde (hot), roasted smoky chipotle (med), and our fresh salsa la roja (mild).

All tacos are fresh and cooked to order. Fresh tasty food takes time. We do not serve any animal products with our tacos. 100% animal free kitchen and staff. We cook all are tacos with grapeseed and safflower oil."

Tacos

My Tacos
The Jalisco and the Bean Diablo.

Tim's Tacos
The Migas and the Grilled Avocado Reale

The Jalisco was my stand out favorite, with its faux chicken and flavorful spicy sauce. My boyfriend loved the Reale, saying it had a richer, fuller mix of flavors and that he liked the "avocadoness" of it. I liked the Bean Diablo, but it was quite spicy (too much so for my boyfriend), and we both liked the Migas, though he said it was a bit too "tofu-y". We also got chips and queso, which was creamy and delicious with quite a kick, and the large bag of chips was a great way to pick up all the taco droppings.

We used the Scoutmob deal and got our 4 fancy tacos with chips and queso for only $14. This was a great deal, and gave us money left to buy drinks at the convenience store on the property to go with the food.

I can't wait to go back and try some of the other offerings! Yay, vegan tacos!

No comments:

Post a Comment