Monday, October 15, 2012

Ruby Red Stir-Fry

Sorry for the ultra-late post today; I was going to go check out Cafe Gratitude and Mud Pie Bakery today and blog about those, but instead, I've been sewing a couple of Tudor-era shirts for my friend Aaron (who has been so nice as to let me stay with him and his wife pretty much the whole time I've been up here in Kansasouri). The good news is that the shirts are almost done! The bad news is that it's 11:45 pm, I'm not packed at all, and I'm supposed to be leaving to go back to Austin tomorrow morning. The original plan was to leave at 7 am, but I'm pretty sure that I have as much chance of making that happen as I do discovering a TARDIS in the front yard with a certain handsome Time Lord waiting to take me on adventures.

*sigh*

In the meantime, here's some pictures of this really delicious stir-fry I made about 10 weeks ago. I think it fits nicely with my previous beet post.

Ruby Red Stir Fry - Cooking

I started by dicing a tomato, a red bell pepper, and a beet, and sautéed them in a bit of Earth Balance.

Ruby Red Stir Fry - Done

When those were nice and soft, I added brown rice and black beans, and made a sauce of peanut butter, mango chutney, Bragg liquid aminos, and salsa. I cooked it for another 5-10 minutes until everything was heated and the flavors had combined. It was super tasty (and so pretty!)

No comments:

Post a Comment