Monday, October 29, 2012

RESTAURANT REVIEW - Eastside Cafe, Austin, TX

Eastside Cafe
2113 Manor Road, Austin, TX 78722
(512) 476-5858


Last week, a friend took me to Eastside Cafe. I was a tiny bit skeptical about the possibility of vegan options, but my friend told me they had a vegan menu, so I decided to give it a go. It turns out that their vegan menu is just 4 things from their regular menu with qualifiers in parentheses "(order without cheese or sour cream)".

Vegan Menu

Be warned, though, there are a few errors - I ordered the veggie enchiladas, which were advertised with three choices of sauces. One of those sauces is the suiza sauce, which is not vegan. I got mine with the verde sauce.

Enchiladas Verdé

The enchiladas were actually pretty good for being cheeseless. I would love for Eastside Cafe to start carrying Daiya cheese, but that may not happen any time soon.

There were also no vegan desert options, though the server suggested we could go across the street to Thunderbird Coffee (formerly Clementine Coffee) for vegan deserts.

Overall, it's nice to know that there's something vegans can eat if they find themselves at Eastside Cafe. However, if you're craving enchiladas, I'd suggest a trip to Mother's Cafe instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment